August 29, 2012

8/26/12 LIARD RIVER HOTSPRINGS, BC

We traveled about 500 kilometers (310 miles?) which is farther than we really like to drive.  But our goal was to stay at a nice little wayside area across from a hotsprings.  Our eye was on soaking in this wonderful hotspring that we enjoyed on our way up to Alaska in June.  Back then we arrived late and stayed at the wayside area just across from the provincial park then moved into the park the next day and stayed two nights.  This time we stayed at the wayside area across the highway from the park.  But first we drove into the park to soak in their hotspring.  The park does not have any hook ups so we thought we’d save a few bucks and stay at the wayside with the same amenities (none) for free.   I had trouble sleeping again tonight so moved onto the couch with the window shades up so I could watch for those beautiful northern lights.  No lights again tonight but the clarity of all the stars in the clear sky continue to amaze me.  I don’t’ remember the Texas skies being so clear and bright.  I laid on the couch looking out the window with a perfect view of the big dipper.  It seemed so close.  So much closer than other places we’ve stayed.  When I got up to check out the front door I could see the milky way.  The universe is such an amazing mystery.  It inspires me to study up on astronomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment