July 15, 2012

7/15/12 ANCHORAGE, AK

We moved from Eagle River to Anchorage early yesterday.  Because we didn’t have any hook ups in Eagle River we had run out of water and power so we packed up early and checked into the Creekwood Inn Motel & RV park with full hook ups.  I did laundry while Norm set up the RV and mopped the floors.  Then we drove thru downtown Anchorage and on to the port area.  We walked on a trail that follows Turnagain Arm (Cook Inlet) then cut over to walk thru part of the downtown area.   Anchorage has a nice downtown, hanging flower baskets, murals on buildings, everything seems clean and they have parks scattered throughout the city.  I think I had read somewhere that Anchorage has over 200 parks.  Many are small but very nice. 

I got a call from my brother around 4:30 yesterday, that knucklehead missed his connecting flight in Denver.  The next flight isn’t for 24 hours as they only have one that goes to Anchorage daily (Frontier).  So we’ll stay here another night and hopefully he’ll make it in this evening.  I’m sorry it shortens his Alaska stay. 

We woke up to rain this morning. Looks like it will be cloudy with showers off and on all day.

Train entering Whittier

 The cute town of Hope


Anchorage mural


No comments:

Post a Comment