We sure are liking this beautiful boondocking spot here in
Northern New Mexico. The weather has
been very nice, chilly at night but warming up nice in the afternoon. Although we did have one night the wind blew
so hard I thought we would topple over into the canyon. Luckily the wind died down and is not suppose
to get that bad again while we’re here, according to accuweather. I think we picked a good time of year to camp
without hookups. We would like to stay
until Monday. That would mean 10 days of
camping here. But we will have to drive
the truck into town (20 miles to Bloomfield, NM) for water. Not sure how much we have in the freshwater
tank since the sensors don’t work worth a darn. But we’ll also need drinking water and gasoline
for the generator. We have the satellite set up and turn on the generator in
the evening to watch TV and recharge all our toys (phones, jetpack aircard,
kindle, cameras). This is boondocking at
its best that’s for sure.
I am experiencing mild altitude sickness. Shortness of breath, unable to sleep
much. We’re at almost 7,000 feet which
is what we’ll be at in Colorado this summer. I read that altitude sickness
usually happens at 8,000 feet and above.
Hopefully I’ll get used to it and start feeling better. Trying to drink lots of water and rest.
I’m surprised we haven’t heard coyotes here at night. There doesn’t seem to be any wildlife other
than a few birds. And not many of
them. I did see a little cotton tail
bunny this morning.
Here’s pics of the sunset over the canyon:
No comments:
Post a Comment