So far, so good. Kind of seems like we're camping, which I guess we are, but we're not on vacation....yet. We've been working on getting more organized, maximizing space and purging anything we don't really need. The shady site we have has been really nice and helps a lot with keeping the RV cooler. Although the temps have droppped, into the low 90's due to the storms in the gulf, so we'll see what happens when the temps go back up. The Austin area has several large wild fires right now, one in Bergstrom burning over 34,000 acres, such a shame. Many homes lost and a couple of fatalities. The air quality is bad and has made me sick. I took off work Thursday & Friday with respiratory problems.
Strange thing about living in our small space...it's boring. I cleaned yesterday, took me about 30 minutes. Now what? I tried to talk Norm into going out, prowling around town (Red Lobster is having their Shrimp Fest!) but no go. He prefers to watch football today. Just as well, I'm still not feeling well.
We had our Conger family reunion last weekend. My brother surprised me by showing up! It was tons of fun and Bonnie & Danny were the BEST hosts'. Danny sure has it down when smoking brisket & ribs! YUMMY! And Bonnie made me a beautiful birthday cake, all Chocolate with gnache, she knows what I like! Thanks Bonnie & Danny, you are the best!
I was so proud of Madison. She helped with the younger kids and was the best little host. She has the patience of her mom and was so good with her cousin Trip. It was good seeing Al, Pat & their girls. Leah & Allison are absolutely georgous girls and so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment