September 20, 2011

Our 3 week RV anniversary

So far we are loving the RV life. The park we are in has lots of trees, very shady, and very quiet. Maybe when the weather cools off people will be outside more. But right now it's seems deserted. No complaints, we like the peace & quiet. It's very convenient to my work, I like that. The small living space is working out better than I expected. Norm has not had any problems getting bored, he's enjoying a more relaxed life. Norm has been coming up to the school to have lunch with me daily. The school has a pretty good buffet lunch that is inexpensive. We eat our main meal here and then eat light in the evenings, usually fruit. That's working out very well and we don't need many groceries in the RV. That good since our refrigerator is tiny and pantry space is small also. I plan to retire after the first of the year, and it can't get here soon enough for me. Some days I have a hard time concentrating on my work as my mind is a million miles away.

We've been watching craigslist for a small piece of property and have gone to look at several within an hours drive of Temple. We found one property we really like but didn't move on it soon enough and someone else bought it. The others we've looked at were in pretty bad neighborhoods or very small run down towns. I think if we're patient we'll eventually find something we'll both be happy with. Yes, me, I said "patient"......sometimes I can be ")

No comments:

Post a Comment