August 31, 2011

SOLD!!

We closed on the house today! It was a bit touch & go for awhile. We were suppose to close on the 11th but the buyers had problems with their lender so started over with another lender. We've had more garage sales and purged stuff but were hesitant to move the rest to storage until we knew for sure the sale was going through. Last weekend we got confirmation (90%) that it was going to go through. Cole & a friend came over, Norm rented a Uhaul truck and we moved almost everything into storage and the RV. We stayed in the house until today, packed up our essentials and went to closing at 10:00. We are relieved that everything worked out, but it is bittersweet. Leaving our home for the last time, empty, felt sad & strange. No regrets, but it is emotional. We've been in that house for almost 17 years. I realized I have never, ever lived anywhere that long my whole life!

Monday Norm and Cole moved the RV out to the Shady River RV Park where we plan to reside until I retire in January. Then it's "North to Alaska" via Arizona, California and on up the coast through Oregon (to see my Sis!). Sorry Sis, you know how superstitious I am, I couldn't tell anyone of our plans until ...well you know, I'm afeared they'll not work out. Now that the house is sold we can go on our journey. But since it's to late to go to Alaska this time of year, we're waiting it out until early Spring.

2 comments: