July 22-24, 2011
We left Creede and drove over Wolf Creek pass. The grades were 6% which was pretty scarey for me, but Norm handled the rig very well. We're settled at "Happy Campers" RV Park just outside of Pagosa Springs. This is the complete opposite of the Creede RV Park we were just at. Now I know I said I didn't like the stoody campgrounds, but this is a little to trashy for me. While it does have FHU, it's not worth $30 a night. Luckily I found a coupon for 1 free night in some of the literature we picked up at a visitor center in Gunnison. This park is right on the highway, noise all day & night, sites are unlevel, junk everywhere.
The one things I told Norm I wanted to do in Colorado is soak in a Hot Spring. So, the loving man he is, went of of our way to take me here. Last night we went to "Pagosa Hot Springs Resort". For $20 each we had a choice of many tubs with different temperatures to choose from. A bit pricey but it was a nice place, and they gave us the senior discount (55+) which was about $17 or so each. I'm not sure how I feel about getting that since I'm not quite a senior yet, but I took it. I'm sure I looked ancient considering the girl that checked us in was probably 12.
The weather here is warmer, probably mid 80's, seems hot as compared to the 70's we had up the Gunnison mountain. I already wish we were back there. Today we check out the town of Pagosa Springs (I saw a very pretty river walk from the Hot Springs last night). Then Sunday we'll start heading back home with a stop in Santa Fe, NM. They have a real neat mission there that Norm wants to see. It's only 150 miles from here so we will make it a quick stop then continue on down the road. Hope to make it to Santa Rosa to stay the night. We'll see how far we make it. Again Norm wanted to make reservations, but I don't want to be committed to HAVING to make it somewhere. Haha, this is so funny, if you know us any at all you'll know I'm usually the one with all the plans, reservations, every day planned out. Now Norm's the one thinking ahead, go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment