July 18-21, 2011
The Mountain View RV Resort is very nice, very nicely layed out with a lot of sculptures and water features surrounded by mountains. It's pricey, but there's not much to do around here so we won't be back. It's pretty far from anywhere. We took a driving tour up Bachelor Loop to see the abandoned mines. Then another day we set out to find Phoenix Park Falls. That was a VERY rough, narrow road. I would not drive that road again in our truck. ATV is more like it. At the top of the mountain there is a fork in the road, we took the left and that turned out to be the wrong one so we missed the Falls. I wish they have better signage, or any signage at all would be good. This road intersected into Bachelor Loop and I was relieved we did not have to return the same way we came in on. We stopped by the Forest Service office to ask about the Falls and that's where we found out that we should have taken the "right" fork in the road to Phoenix Falls. Oh well, I'm not going on that road again!
No comments:
Post a Comment